Banner

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Chunky Mug Cozy Free Pattern!

Hey there! I'm back with another great EASY pattern for you guys! You already know I'm fond of mug cozys, but I had some chunky yarn I wanted to use, so I made a pattern for one! 

This cozy covers the bottom and sides of the mug, and attaches with a button! The best part about this cozy is, not only does it work up super fast, but you can use ANY color combinations you like! I can't wait to see what you all come up with.



Materials
Bulky Yarn (I Used Loops & Threads: Charisma in Yellow and Electric Blue 
I hook 5.50MM
Chunky Yarn

Terms
MC - Magic Circle
CH - Chain
ST - Stitch
Sl St - Slip Stitch
SC - Single Crochet
DC - Double Crochet
HDC - Half Double Crochet
BLO - Back Loop Only
 

Using your main color (blue) make a Magic Circle (Click here for a tutorial)
Row 1: CH 3 (counts as first DC), DC 9 times in MC. Join to 3rd CH with a sl st.
Row 2: CH 3, DC twice in each DC around. Join to 3rd CH with a sl st.
Row 3: CH 1, *SC twice in next DC, SC in next DC.* Repeat till end of round. Sl st to first CH.
Row 4: CH 1, in BLO (Back Loop Only) HDC around. Leave last 3 st unworked.
Row 5: CH 1, TURN** (You will be working in rows now) HDC in each HDC around.
Row 6: Repeat Row 5.
Row 7: (Change color (yellow) in last st of row 6) Ch 3 (counts as first DC), turn, Sk first st and DC into the next st and each st around.
Row 8: (Change color back to Main Color in last st of row 7) CH 1, Turn, HDC in each st down.
Row 9: CH 3, Turn. DC in each st down.
Row 10: CH 1, Turn. SC semi tightly in each stitch down (this makes it fit the top of the mug better). At end of row CH 8 and sl st to the last sc you made.

Now just finish off, weave in your ends, and sew on a button! Make some brightly colored ones for summer, more natural colors for fall, or even use your favorite sports teams colors!

Have any questions for me?! Leave a comment below!

4 comments:

  1. I just made your pattern for the mug cozy! I love it! I'm so glad I stumbled across this! It's super fun to make and will make great Christmas presents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to start on this cozy. Great idea for Christmas presents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a new coffee mug and I think I will add this to it.. Thank you for your patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got a new coffee mug and I think I will add this to it.. Thank you for your patterns.

    ReplyDelete