Banner

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Super Simple Fingerless Gloves: Free Crochet Pattern!

Hello everyone! I've been getting a LOT of likes on my Facebook page and I just wanted to take a minute and say hi (: and also thank all of my wonderful readers. Without you I don't think I would be motivated to post so much. Thank you for keeping me motivated and inspired to keep going every day!




I've clearly been on a fingerless gloves kick this season (check out some of my stuff here and here), and so I decided to make yet another free pattern! This time for a very simple pair of gloves that can be easily customized with different color combinations. Its a very simple and straight forward pattern, perfect for something easy to do while watching tv, waiting at appointments, in line at the grocery store... (okay, I haven't personally done the last one but you get the point!). 


I have also put together a short list of the reasons why I happen to be addicted to wearing a pair of fingerless gloves everywhere I go:
  • The obvious, they leave my fingers free to text/crochet/zip toddlers jackets up/buckle car seats
  • They actually keep my palms fairly warm, so even though my fingers aren't covered, my hands are warm! I usually get over heated and this helps.
  • They are quick, easy, and fun to make. Color combinations are endless!

I hope you find these gloves as useful and awesome as I do!



Super Simple Fingerless Gloves

Free Crochet Pattern

By The Hippy Hooker




Materials
G Hook
1 Skein Worsted Weight Yarn (or two if doing color change)

Abbreviations
ch - Chain
sc - Single Crochet
blo - Back Loop Only
sl st - Slip Stitch
st - Stitch

Notes
Color changes for striped gloves are as follows:
Color A: Grey
Color B: Turquoise

Cuff: A
Glove:
Row 1-3 A
Row 4-7 B
Row 8-10 A
Row 11-14 B
Row 15-19 A
Row 20-21 B
Row 22-23 A

Pattern

Cuff

Row 1: Ch 11, SC blo in 2nd ch from hook and each ch after. Ch 1, turn
Row 2: SC blo in each st across. Ch 1, turn.
Row 3-24: Repeat row 2.
Fold piece in half and sl st together to form the cuff. You will now be working around one side.

Glove
Row 1: Ch 1, SC evenly 24 st around. Sl st to first sc to join.
Row 2: Ch 1, SC in each sc around, sl st to join.
Row 3-17: Repeat row 2
Row 18 is where you will create the thumb opening.
Row 18 Left Glove: ch 1 sc in first 6 st, ch 4 sk 4 st, sc around sl st to join
Row 18 Right Glove: ch 1 sc in each st around, leave last 4 st unworked. ch 4, sl st to first sc to join.
Row 19: Ch 1, sc in each st around, making 4 sc in each ch4 space.
Row 20-23: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Sl st to join.
Finish off and weave in your ends.


Happy Hookin'!
And as always, if you have any questions, problems, or concerns leave a comment or email me at jc91691@aol.com. (:




15 comments:

  1. wonderful pattern - thanks for sharing!

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 24 rows of ribbing makes an awfully large cuff when folded doesnt it? Im a newbie.. perhaps its something I did?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cuff i made came out to have a 3 inch opening. So no it really isnt that big.unless you crochet loosely. If you do i would suggest dropping down a hook size.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your easy pattern Jocelyn...it's just what I was after.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This worked up beautifully. Love your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the lovely pattern, my first time making fingerless gloves. Easy pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your pattern. It was my first time making fingerless gloves.
    http://34creations.com/crochet-superhero-inspired-hat-and-fingerless-gloves/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing! I love love love this pattern. It works up very nicely!!!! Thanks again!! Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice post.really I apperciate your blog.Thanks for sharing.keep sharing more blogs, its beneficial for me...Keep sharing more rooreviewworld

      Delete
  8. You say 1 skein, what size skein, oz wise ???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Row 19 says make 4SC in each ch4 space..is that supposed to be 1sc in each ch space, or is it actually supposed to be 4sc in each ch?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for this pattern! I whipped it up last night while I was watching a movie and it was so easy and they are great. I posted in on my Facebook group and shared the pattern with others because it works so well. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fingerless mittens with flaps are appropriate to be used in daily regular life or even when people have to move out. fingerless gloves with mitten flap

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fingerless gloves are better for a tourist person. These Crochet Fingerless Gloves are favorite for many people.

    ReplyDelete