Banner

Friday, January 3, 2014

Simple Stash Buster Fingerless Gloves Free Pattern!

These fingerless gloves were my attempt to use up some of the pretty sock yarn I had lying around. After organizing my yarn room this past week, I discovered so much more than I thought I had! I loved this green and purple yarn, but I wasn't quite sure what to do with it on its own. So I headed over to my "wall of yarn", chose a light cream color, and got to work!



Fingerless gloves are my go-to pattern right now, they're easy and quick to make. With a bigger hook and simple stitches, you can pop on a tv show and have a pair done in no time!




Lately my hands have been getting cold in my fingerless gloves, so I decided to make a pair of mittens as well. There's nothing like a nice warm pair of mittens, and the strand of sock yarn adds to the thickness of the glove, making it extra cozy!



Simple Stash Buster Fingerless Gloves (And Mittens!) Pattern

Materials
I Hook
1 Skein Worsted Weight Yarn
1 Skein Sock Weight Yarn
Needle to weave in ends

 
Cuff

Chain 11
Row 1: SC in second ch from hook, SC in each remaining ch. Ch 1, turn
Row 2: SC in each SC across. Ch1, turn.
Rows 3-22 (or until it wraps around your wrist): Repeat row 2.

Sl st the edges together making a cuff
.

Row 1: Ch1, make 22 SC around. Sl st to first SC.
Row 2-10: SC in each stitch around.

Left glove
Row 11: SC in first 5 SC, ch 3, sk next 3 SC, SC in remaining SC
Row 12: SC in each SC around, in Ch3 space make 3 SC.

Right glove
Row 11: SC in next 16 SC, ch 3, sk next 3 SC, SC in remaining SC
Row 12: SC in each SC around, in Ch3 space make 3 SC



For Fingerless Gloves
 
Row 13-15: SC in each SC around.
Finish Off and weave in ends.

For Mittens

Row 13-19: SC in each SC around
Row 20: sc2tog, *SC in next 6 st, SC2tog* repeat once. SC in last 4 st
Row 21: SC in first 4 st, sc2tog, *sc in next 4 st, sc2tog* Repeat around
Row 22: SC in first 6 st, sc2tog, SC in next 6 st, sc2tog
Row 23: *sc2tog, SC in next 2 st* repeat around
Row 24: SC in first 4, sc2tog, SC in remaining st
Sl st the top of your mitten together

Thumb(work in rounds)
Make a MC (magic circle) and make 4 SC in the circle.
2 SC in next st, SC in next 2 st, 2 SC in next st
SC in next 3 st, 2 SC in next st, SC in next 3 st, 2 SC in next st
Continue SC for 3 rows
*2 SC in next st, SC in next 2 st* 3 times. Sl st to next st to complete the round
Sl st thumb onto mitten.



I hope this helps keep your hands and fingers warm this season! Let me know how you like this pattern, and feel free to leave a comment letting me know which one you prefer, fingerless gloves.. or mittens?


Don't forget to check out the Hippy Hooker on Facebook! You'll get updates on what I'm working on and links to new free patterns daily!

1 comment:

  1. Looks pretty easy,think I might give them a try!
    RButka62 (Raverly)

    ReplyDelete