Banner

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hello blogging world!

I decided to create a blog specifically to share the crochet projects I work on, complete, or just plain attempt but never finish. I started crocheting in January. After having my son in November, and staying at home, I wanted to find a hobby. Something I could do with all my spare time that would also be productive. One of my friends convinced me to go on youtube and look up videos of how to do it.
So with the help of my mom who gave me a crochet hook and a ball of ugly green yarn, i created this masterpiece. 
And yes, it is inside out. I'm just such a noob (gamer term for newbie.. thanks hubby) that i didn't know any better! But hey, I think my son makes anything look cute. (;

Well, I'd say I've gotten a lot better in the past few months. It's hard sometimes to find time to sit down and crochet when there's Jude to play with, dinner to make, and a laundry pile up to the ceiling, but being a stay at home mom is a full time job, and sometimes us moms need some time to SIT. Its so nice to wake up before Jude (the one morning a week he sleeps in) and sit with a cup of coffee out on the deck and make something that I know will serve a purpose. Since then I've made a lot of different things! A few headbands, with flowers and without. Lots of hats, a blanket, and my kitchen is fully stocked up on pot holders and dishcloths.

I just get such an awesome feeling when i go to the store to find yarn, not knowing what I will get but knowing I will be making something useful and maybe even loved. Here's what i got yesterday when I went to the Michael's.

     Awesome! Right?! Okay, so I went to Michaels knowing I needed a cream and grey. I also needed those two green and yellow on the left for a baby blanket I'm working on. I got buttons for the mug cozy's I've been making (pictures soon to follow), and I want to use the purples for either a dishcloth set or something else. I haven't decided yet. That thin blue yarn I'm using right now to work on a pair of crochet sandals. And that awesome purple flower is a clip on. So i really want to make a hat or headband set to use that with (maybe a sun hat and matching headband for summertime).

So you can see now why I need a blog to keep track of all this stuff! So the coming blogs will be filled with pictures of projects I'm working on and have completed in the past. There's some great free patterns also so you can try to make one yourself!

Oh and check out my Etsy shop for some of my recent finished works for sale!
The Hippy Hooker Etsy Shop

1 comment: